30 weeks, 13 weeks + 2 days post rupture, day 2 in hospital (again)
Did I? I can't remember if somewhere in my blog I might have mentioned how much I hate being in hospital. So let me say it again in case it got missed the first time: I FUCKING HATE BEING IN HOSPITAL.
The hospital is the most crappy place on earth to be and these are only a few of the reasons:
1. Nurses who unplug your ELECTRIC bed to plug in their automatic blood pressure machine. Then they either a) don't plug your bed back in so it will no longer go up and down or raise your head or your feet making it impossible to sit up and eat breakfast while reclining like you're SUPPOSED TO BE DOING because OH YEAH YOU'RE ON BED REST or b) they remember to plug the bed back in...to an outlet that doesn't have power...causing similar results as above.
2. Nurses who repeatedly kick your (admittedly ugly) crocs out of the way when doing your monitoring. This makes it next to impossible to either a) find your ugly shoes under your bed without bending over (hello, pregnant and leaking = gushing while bending) and/or b) make it impossible to reach the same ugly shoes without stepping on the dirty hospital floor, making shoes kind of besides the point.
3. Having to explain to every Tom, Dick and Harry your ENTIRE (lengthy) medical history, dead son and all. Then having to listen to your mother explain nicely to the same person "no, this is not my first grandchild...my daughter's first child Aidan was our first grandchild". Duh?
4. Answering the same questions over and over and over again. Any cramping? No. Any bleeding? No. Any leaking? Yes (what the fuck do you think I'm here for?) Does the leaking have an odour? No. (Actually it does, funny enough, it smells like amniotic fluid). Any palpitations? No. Chest pain? No. Shortness of breath? No. (If I was having cardiac symptoms I'd be calling a frigging code on myself...trust me).
5. Them wanting me to HAND OVER ALL MY medications so they can dole them out. Um...I HAVE been taking these medications every day, forever...I think I can manage just fine without your help. Plus last time I was here I actually had to REMIND you when my meds were due...not a huge vote of confidence in your favour. Why don't I just TELL you when I take them and you can mark it on my chart. K?
Oh and the BIGGEST piss off of all?
Although I spend 24 hours a day in a hospital, in an uncomfortable bed, FOR WHICH WE ARE PAYING $100 A DAY OUT OF POCKET for a private room so I don't lose my shit anymore than I already am...the doctors only see a need to have me on the fetal cardiac monitor for TWENTY MINUTES A DAY. In total. That's all. Never mind the other 23 hours and 40 minutes. Nothing will happen in those hours.
That's right folks. Although Dr. S. poo pooed my idea to do a doppler check from home either multiple times per day, or for longer periods of time (for let's say, oh, I don't know, 20 minute stretches)...instead I get to be here. Increasing my risk of infection. Decreasing my satisfaction. Increasing my stress. All for the pleasure of a 20 minute strip per day. At the low low cost of $100/day.
At least today is 30 weeks!!!! Can I get a holla' from the crowd??!!!