Monday, May 10, 2010

A beautiful foot

Oh I also forgot to mention the nicest thing in my post today. On Friday we got two photos from Ashley who is a photographer from the organization "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep". For those of you who don't know they are professional photographers who donate their time to take photos of babies and small children who are likely to die or who have already passed away.

Ashley came to the hospital on the afternoon of Aidan's birth & death and took some lovely photos of us with him. We are still waiting to get all the photos back. It takes awhile because they have quite a bit of touching up to do. Aidan was quite bruised and floppy and well, dead looking, when Ashley got there. I'm not expecting miracles...but I'm hoping they can touch at least a couple of photos up enough to make him look presentable.

So, she sent me a couple of them just as a preview. The first one she sent was kind of sad. Although beautiful, Aidan does look quite 'dead' in it.


The second however was perfect. It's amazing how his big toe looks JUST LIKE BRIAN'S! At 23 weeks Aidan had many of his daddy's familial traits. I can't really see anything of me in him physically...but I like to think he would have had my winning personality ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment