Friday, November 25, 2011

The Plague

So the plague has hit our house this week. Okay, not really a plague, but Brian was sick with a cold and home from work for three days and I am currently starting to have a sore throat. I'm hoping it doesn't develop into anything, but that's how Brian's cold started so I'm less than hopeful.

I'm worried, of course, about Kaia becoming ill, but there is little I can do. Brian tried to stay away from both of us this week. He slept on the couch downstairs and didn't hold Kaia for almost 3 days. Of course now with us both feeling less than stellar, one of us is going to have to look after her, cold be damned! I'm just hoping Purelling the hell out of our hands, breast milk antibodies and avoiding baby kisses is going to keep her well.

But it's hard to avoid baby kisses.

Especially when your baby looks like this:

10 comments:

  1. She is just absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the little monkey peering over her shoulder too.

    Hope you both feel better soon and that Kaia doesn't get ill xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hardly get to catch up blogs these days, but just wanted to say hi and that she is absolutely beautiful! I think about you so often and your amazing little girl. I hope everyone feels better. Enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute!

    It's hard when you are both sick. Adam had a cold when Cameron was 7 weeks old and no matter what we did, she caught it. We sucked so much snot it wasn't even funny. Hopefully Kaia will not catch anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute! I love seeing pictures of her I hope that you don't get full-out sick and that Kaia doesn't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful...i can see why you can't resist the baby kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are dealing with the plague here too. The baby got it first and now we are coming down with it. Not looking forward to night 3 of sleeping with the baby sitting up in the recliner. If he is horizontal he instantly is chock full of snot and gasping for breath.

    Kaia is super cute - love the litle cleft in her chin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one very cute little girl. Hope you can prevent her from getting sick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's fattening up really nice! Totally a compliment, of course. Who doesn't love a chubby-cheeked baby?

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG she looks so cute! I LOVE that picture. I was sick, MrH was sick, and Emma stayed well despite us kissing her all the time. And I don't even have much milk. So be positive, it might well be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good GOD she is cute as a button...hope she stays well.

    p.s. Seriously she is one cute baby...

    ReplyDelete